Full Mouth Dental Implants
What is an Implant Retained OverdentureAn Implant Retained Overdenture is a contemporary restoration that has revolutionized the way surgeons and dentists think of replacing a full set of teeth. Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. Most often, dentures are painful, inconvenient and unstable. Such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, limiting the foods that you once enjoyed. Modern dentistry can help with implant supported dentures.
The Implant Retained Overdenture treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a full denture or partial denture retained by dental implants. Fewer implants are needed and overall treatment time and cost is reduced. An Implant Retained Overdenture solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume. Implant-retained overdentures stay connected with bar and clip attachment methods or use a variety of abutment-based attachments (ball, magnets, and resilient stud attachments such as Locators). The most appropriate attachment system for your individual needs relates to a variety of factors that is determined early in the treatment. Typically, a temporary set of teeth can be placed on the same day of surgery. The temporary teeth allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a short healing period, your general dentist will attach the final denture to the dental implants. Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again with renewed confidence.
Are you ready to replace your missing teeth and smile with confidence again?
For more information about Dental Implants or to schedule an appointment with our doctors:
- Call our Myrtle Beach office at Main Office: Myrtle Beach Office Phone Number 843-448-1621.
- Call our Conway office at Conway Office Phone Number 843-248-6413.
- Call our Little River office at Little River Office Phone Number 843-249-7810.
- Fill out our Appointment Form.
Implant RETAINED Overdentures offer you many advantages:
- A cost effective solution. When compared to some other implant supported restoration methods, your new replacement teeth require fewer implants for each jaw. With fewer implants required, the cost is lowered.
- Reduced need for bone grafting. The special placement of the implants ensures a secure and stable anchorage for the replaced arch, often making bone grafting unnecessary.
- Faster treatment and healing time. You can wear your temporary set of teeth immediately after surgery. After healing, your final replacement teeth can be attached to your dental implants by your general dentist.
Scientifically proven and documented. Implant Retained Overdentures have had good clinical outcomes from decade long studies with favorable results.