Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink for eight (8) hours prior to your scheduled surgery. Should any modification in your regular medications be needed, your doctor will discuss that with you at your consultation appointment. You may have small sips of water up to two (2) hours prior to your scheduled surgery.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery, participate in physical activities or make any important decisions for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- DO NOT wear nail polish, lipstick, or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have a change in your medical history or develop an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to your scheduled procedure.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Eckert, Dr. Harsha, Dr. Maxwell, Dr. Cofer or Dr. Johnson prior to your surgical date for instructions.
If you have any questions or to schedule an appointment with our doctors:
- Call our Myrtle Beach office at Main Office: Myrtle Beach Office Phone Number 843-448-1621.
- Call our Conway office at Conway Office Phone Number 843-248-6413.
- Call our Murrells Inlet office at Murrells Inlet Office Phone Number (843) 903-4334.
- Fill out our Appointment Form.