welcome New Patients
What to Expect during your First Appointment
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
What to Bring to Your Consultation:
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable. These are required for treatment.
- A list of medications you are presently taking, including dosage information.
- If you have dental or medical insurance, bring a copy of your insurance cards and any necessary forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Fill out online Patient Registration Forms prior to arriving for your appointment.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- Read New Patient Information
- See What Our Patients Are Saying
- Fill Out New Patient Forms
- Meet Our Doctors
- Get Driving Directions to the Myrtle Beach Office
- Get Driving Directions to the Conway Office
- Get Driving Directions to the Murrells Inlet Office
At Coastal Carolina Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we give you the care you deserve!
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.